Installing natural stone tiles adds character and beauty to your home that is both organic and unique. No two stone tiles are the same because they are harvested from quarries and are created in nature. But with the wide selection of stones to choose from, which one is ideal for your Maple Grove property?
To help you begin your decision process, here is an introduction to some of the most popular stone types:
- Appearance: Granite’s look varies based on where it’s harvested, but it often has a speckled appearance and comes in a wide range of colors.
- Notable Features: It’s strong enough for use in flooring, backsplashes, or countertops. Granite needs to be periodically sealed to keep it water-resistant. It’s also prone to staining, so you need to remove standing liquids like wine and juices quickly from its surface.
- Appearance: Slate is a solid-colored rock that can range from gray to green to rust. It can be left in its natural uneven state or smoothed out to an even surface.
- Notable Features: It has a porous surface that can be made water-resistant by being sealed. It should be wiped dry and kept clean from stains at all times.
- Appearance: Travertine tiles are a mild tan-beige color with a “cracked” and “pocked” look on their surface.
- Notable Features: Travertine is known for being long-lasting when well-maintained. Due to its pocked surface, it should be regularly wiped clean with a special stone cleaner to prevent dirt from getting trapped in its uneven surface.
- Appearance: Marble has a glossy, delicate look with subtle dark curved lines weaving in and out of its light stone.
- Durability & Maintenance: Marble can last for years because of its durable nature. On the other hand, it’s porous and prone to stains like granite. The best way to take care of it is to wipe away liquids as soon as they collect on the surface, and to have it sealed periodically.
Call Floor Coverings International Maple Grove today to schedule a free consultation and choose a beautiful stone tile for your space. We are proud to serve the greater Maple Grove & Plymouth areas!